These days, there are a lot of people out there trumpeting their own knowledge of SEO. Some of them know what they’re doing, but do you? SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a core component of designing a website that receives its fair share of visitors. It is an important aspect of site design to understand, even if you are an amateur blogger. For those using WordPress, it is easy to get a great SEO plugin that can help you get the kind of visitors who will appreciate what your site has to offer. Let’s take a look at the 10 best plugins for this particular task:
- All in One SEO - When it comes to SEOing WordPress, this plugin is the choice of a huge number of bloggers because it is extremely powerful and it’s free, too. It will help you rank for keyword terms in the search engines very quickly. Google loves this plugin.
- Automatic SEO Links - This plugin will allow you to keep on top of your keyword links, be they internal or external. You can set it up to link to important posts within your site and help keep visitors on your blog longer.
- Google XML Sitemaps Generator - No site should be without a solid site map because this is how Google and other search engine robots find your content quickly so they can index it. Don’t miss this plug-in because it’s a must for WordPress users.
- No Follow Case by Case – With this plugin, you can choose whether or not you want to allow comment links to be followed. It’s a great solution for when you don’t want to blog all commentors’ websites, only some of them.
- Platinum SEO Plugin – This plugin helps you avoid duplicate content, automates 301 redirects, generates meta tags for you and performs a host of other tasks that are all too easy to overlook.
- SEO Friendly Images – Using this SEO plugin, you will be able to make your images work for you to bring in all kinds of traffic. With the rise of Google Images and other image based search engines, this is one plugin not to miss.
- SEO Tag Cloud Widget – If you like tag clouds then you definitely want this plugin because it actually translates those tags into html for you so the search engines don’t miss them the way they usually will.
- Sitemap Generator – This is yet another choice for a great site map that will make a big difference in the way search engines index your blog.
- Simple Tags – You can edit tags on a large-scale or simply get suggestions for tags that might go with each post. It’s a handy tool to help you keep your tagging system efficient and relevant.